Sweater Weather


I woke up to rain today. 

The Wolf had an early errand, and mentioned that it was rainy outside when he kissed me goodbye in my still half slumber. We forgot about daylight savings. I woke up a couple hours later a little confused, but very happy for the rain. It lifted quickly, but was around just long enough to convince me to make hot coffee instead of my normal cold brew. It was a perfect morning for it. I got a little printer for label making and spent a good part of the morning getting creative. I started making my own skincare products in 2015, when I realized I was getting towards the end of my twenties. I researched the benefits of every oil I could get my hands on, and rounded up my favorites. I started with facial oils, which I still use daily, although the recipes have changed. I’ve been making my own labels just as long, always hand writing or stamping them on paper tags. A couple years I started using a classic embossing label maker, and this month I finally broke down and bought a printer. I spent a while creating the perfect logo, and as of now I have officially updated everything in the shop. 



I like to keep things simple, and utilize what I already have available to me, but as things grow it gets hard to keep things quite so simple, and upgrades like this need to happen. And let me tell you, I’m so happy this one did. 

My skincare items have been my top sellers this year, so making sure they look their best was priority, but really it’s my personal space & perfume sprays that I’m the most excited about. I use them every single day, and I’ve always pictured them looking a little more like a sellable product now that I’m making them available to the public. I feel like that happened today. 


This weekend I’ll also be making some lotion bars out of a couple choice oils, and I’m really excited to get this little packages looking their best as well. All around, I feel like now that I’ve made this step easier on myself, I’ll be adding new apothecary items to the shop almost weekly, and that’s something I’ve never been able to do. 

The last couple weekends were lazy. 

We laid around, enjoying the last of the cool weather, and each others company. This weekend was busy, but a lot of good things happened. We ended to night early and crawled into bed before 8:30pm, and that’s where I am now, curled up next to the wolf and just beyond grateful I get to call this magical place home. The creative space he’s provided me with is more than I could ask for. Today we put my vintage peach velvet chair in the studio, and I felt overwhelmed with this deeply loving feeling that I am growing used to here. 

This is a short one, really I just had all these thoughts today and decided this would be a good place to put them, that, and I didn’t post a blog at the end of last month, which I’m trying really hard to do. Better late than never, I’m told. 

Happy Sunday folks. 

Comments

Popular Posts