California Winter


So, I haven't posted here in a while, and I don't really have any great excuses, except, I'M GETTING MARRIED THIS YEAR. I've been spending pretty much every ounce of spare time I have on wedding planning. Okay, so mostly I'm just pinning stuff on Pinterest, but give me a break, ya girl can't afford a real, live wedding planner. So instead I'm getting by with a (lot) of help from my friends, and the internet. I'm also still currently working two part time jobs, and trying to keep this thing I call The Hammered Spoon moving along smoothly. Speaking of which, I'm actually posting today to showcase my newest items, but I promise to have a REALLY long post for you guys in the near future, all about the wedding. 

Until then, I hope you'll enjoy my newest pieces. I'm posting a
handful of them here with links, and I'll be adding a few more throughout the next month or so. I'm really digging the color scheme I've chosen for the season. I decided to stick with neutral tones (duh) because they're still my favorite, and because of the unusually dark and gloomy Winter we've been having this year, I used a few more dark earthy tones as well. One of the first things you might notice about my new dreamers is their fullness. This is my first winter collection, and everyone knows that the best part of Winter is big, plush cozy sweaters and blankets (and socks, and scarves, and beanies...) so I made all the dreamers with extra soft, super lush yarns. Seriously, I've been having a hard time parting with the ones that have already sold because I can't stop playing with the yarn during packaging. The babe up top is still up for grabs, you can spend the rest of the season rubbing your face against it by clicking here: Super Lush Mini Dreamer



I also have a handful of new Quartz jewelry in the shop, and while I HAD some buffalo bone items in there too, they sold out, TWICE, so I'll definitely be restocking them again soon. My current Quartz pieces are wrapped in real silver wire, and strung on high quality faux suede. And as always,  all of the crystals used in my shop are locally found by my friends and family, here in Northern California. This twin Quartz point is one of my absolute favorites. Twin Quartz points are often used by people who are seeking their soulmate. While I've already found mine (Hi Honey!) I still believe in the power of these babes. They draw people who are important to your story to you, so if you feel a special spark with someone while wearing one of these bad boys, don't ignore the sign. Snag this guy here: Twin Quartz Necklace




As for my size range this time around, most of the dreamers in this collection are slightly larger than my Fall drop. I have a couple of 9" babes, like this brown and black piece here, that feature tight webs, and nice big chunky quartz centers. While I do offer larger customs (hit me up!) this is typically the largest size you'll find in the shop. It's just the right size for any space, and they can be displayed on their own, or with other items on a gallery wall. My favorite larger one this time around is actually a much lighter colored one that I made before all the others in this collection. I mixed wool and synthetic yarns, and used a light rust toned thread for the web. She also got the biggest, most badass multi point center stone that I've ever put on a dreamer. She's right here if you want to check her out.

There are also a couple more minis, and a few mid size dreamers available shop, along with a few pieces from my Fall collection. I'm running low on alter accessories, but I'll be restocking all the good stuff soon enough. Until then, you can use code LOCALSONLY20 at checkout for a discount on any of my available stock. But enough about the shop...

One other little thing I forgot to mention about our busy
Winter this year, we brought a new member home to join our fuzzy little family. His name is Finnegan, or "figgy" as I've been calling him, and he's a Scottish fold mix. We've been tossing around the idea of  getting another cat for few months now, and we finally decided to take the leap last month. He's the cutest thing I've ever seen, your argument is irrelevant.

So there you have it. I spent all Winter making cozy things, pinning other things, and playing with my new kitty. I'm the most exciting person ever. To top it off, it's not even 7pm and I'm already dreaming about getting into bed. I'm living my best life, how about you?

Thanks for stopping by, and as always, thanks for shopping small:)

-Marie



Comments

Popular Posts